Moving during the holidays may not make the most sense to most people, but you and I, we’re in the know, right? Sure, moving during the holidays or in general isn’t always ideal, but we believe there are PLENTY of pros that outweigh the cons. Read on below to see our reasons for why moving during the holidays is kind of the best!
Ok, we’re not going to lie, some parts of moving during the holidays aren’t very fun. Let’s get them out of the way, rip off the band-aid!
- Winter weather like snow, rain, wind, and the cold aren’t optimal, but that’s why Big John’s Moving is here, to risk the cold, snow and ice so you can stay warm while moving.
- The holidays like Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, and Kwanzaa are a time for rest, relaxation, and spending time with family and friends. If you can’t bear to be away from the family party or miss the whimsy and wonder of the season, this may not be for you.
With very minimal cons, it’s not ideal to move during the holidays, but keep reading to see the massive perks.
Here’s the meat and potatoes, or should I say the turkey and the stuffing, or the ham and mashed potatoes, or–actually let me stop while I’m ahead.
- Nobody moves during the holidays! There’s going to be an abundance of services available to you on your schedule, not whenever the movers can fit you in.
- Many members of your household are likely to be off for the holidays and even have extended weekends, especially the kids. Everyone will have spare time to pack up their things in time for the big move.
- Avoiding the in-laws. Nobody, and we mean nobody, likes their in-laws. (Right? Just us?) Skip meemaw’s dry turkey and homemade concoctions, tween cousins, prodding aunts and uncles, and that random family friend that shows up and never leaves.
- Appease the buyers! They want to move in as soon and as easily as possible. Both parties moving in and out during the same holiday time frame can speed things up and make everyone happy to be done with the big move.
- Bonus perk: If you’re not particularly festive or religious, you have an excuse to not rock around the christmas tree because it’s in a box, on a truck, on a bridge en route to your new home. Putting up Christmas or other holiday lights and decorations is a hassle, so move during the holidays and avoid it!
There are some cons, but mostly pros. If it’s true that people move every 7 years, you have quite a few excuses to miss the family get together or the hassle of decorating! This is why moving during the holidays is kind of the best. For reliable movers, Big John’s Moving is available 365 days a year for all of your packing, boxing, storage, and moving needs! Visit our website for more information on all of our available services.
Follow Us On Facebook For Updates.